Chokecherries. If you haven't ever tasted one, they are kind of sweet, and have a pit in the berry. To make syrup you have to boil the berries and get the pits out. The berries are kind of a dark purple color. The kids were standing in the back of the pickup when they were picking.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Your Uncle Thayne would love to have some of the chokecherries to make syrup. Chokecherry syrup on waffles is his favorite. He keeps saying we will visit Idaho in September soometime so we can make some syrup of our own. Maybe next year we will come and visit you.
Aunt V.
Yummy! that sounds so good! I wish that I could go out and pick some yummy chokecherries and apples. I only have weeds to pick in my yard. Yuck! :)
Post a Comment