Crazy Phillips Momma

Thursday, January 1, 2009

More Holiday Ramblings

This is just a bunch of pictures I took after Christmas.  This is an annual tradition.  We spend quite a bit of time in this gym playing basketball.  Tim, Dyllan, Josh, Chris, Ryan, Michael, Kaleb, and David playing hoops. 

IMG_3720

Josh taking it to the big guys.

IMG_3723

Dyllan

IMG_3733

The old boys giving each other a run.

IMG_3737

IMG_3742

Big Dave

IMG_3749

Big Dad

IMG_3752

Josh and Ryan pushing each other around

IMG_3754

Brandon playing with his remote control helicopter.

IMG_3771

IMG_3770

IMG_3773

The two grand"daughters"  Lily and Kennedy

IMG_3772

IMG_3777

Michael still has it.  Look at that vertical leap.

IMG_3778

This is what I made my niece Lily for Christmas.  One of the kids actually had her name, but I couldn't help myself.  I saw this sweater on a blog (The Add Knitter).  I used the same yarn, and tried to find the same buttons.  The pattern is

Child's Placket-Neck Pullover

by Joelle Hoverson

The yarn is Socks That Rock in Jade.

IMG_3782

IMG_3784

IMG_3785

IMG_3788

This is how it turned out.  I think it looks great.  She looks so cute in it.  I had to block the sweater before she could wear it.  I probably should have made the 12 month old pattern.  I loved knitting it, and I love, love, love the yarn.

IMG_3811

Here are some pictures of our family sledding.  We were up on Pine Creek Pass with Shon and Ann-Marie's family, Sid and Hailey, and the Fullmer kids.  It was a lot of fun. After we got done, Val started a fire and we cooked hot dogs.  It's so fun to hang out with family.

IMG_3821

IMG_3816

Josh

IMG_3823

Shon

IMG_3832

Dyllan

IMG_3836

IMG_3842 

Tim and Brandon after the crash.

IMG_3824

Dyllan, he was not happy that I made him go, but once he got there he had a good time.

6 comments:

Cody and Jill said...

WHAT A FUN TIME your family has had that is a lot of stuff and family

love the sweater you did your amzaing

Nichole said...

it's what I love about bloggin~we can just throw whatever randomness we want up on the net. Happy New Year!

Ann-Marie said...

I want to see the pics of the boys in the "Old School" Redskins uniforms! Cute sweater. One of these days I'm going to have to have you teach me to knit.

Ann-Marie said...

You need to e-mail me the pics from sledding @ the top of Piney Pass.

Michelle said...

I just love how crafty you are with knitting. Someday I'm gonna have to learn how to knit stockings for Christmas since it is the "Taylor Grandma" thing to do. It's fun to see how things are going for you and your family

Lexie said...

Good job on the knitting! I wonder if I will ever desire to "create" something ever again! :) Love the fun pics.