Crazy Phillips Momma

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Jen's baby shower and my knitting projects

Saturday, Rachel and I had a baby shower for Jen. She and Kaleb are having a girl. She is due in June. We had lots of fun and lots of family at the party.


Isn't Jen the cutest princess ever. Don't you love the tiara and the jewels.

Rachel the party planner. She is an awesome cook and makes the best desserts ever.



Grandma Ruby

Andee and Elise Calderwood

Kayleen and Grandma Green

Another pic of the party girl. I'm pretty sure that the jeans she is wearing are from before being pregnant. Lucky chick. She has such a cute belly.


Avery. She is such a doll.
Hailey. What a cutey.

We had such a good time this last weekend. It's fun to have all the family around for these little get togethers. This weekend was Stake Conference. My dad got to bear his testimony on Sat. night at the adult session. I really enjoy listening to him. He is such a great guy and has such a strong testimony of the savior. I really am so lucky to be able to live so close to my parents.



Here are a few pictures of what I am knitting right now. This pattern I got from a Rowan magazine. http://www.knitrowan.com/ The pattern is called JOJO. I got the idea from the girls at Mountain Knits. http://www.mountainknits.com/. If you ever get a chance to come to Driggs, Idaho, this is a great knit shop. Jo the owner is great and Steph, Liz and Kim are the best teachers.



Here is some detail of the cables. This is my first cable project. I just have the from to do and it will be finished.

This is a pair of socks that I am working on. First try at socks. This yarn is by a company called Fleece Artist. http://www.fleeceartist.com/ The pattern came with the yarn.

Detail of the heal. Kind of scarey. It was pretty hard. Steph helped a lot.

I am making a beautiful sweater out of Mission Falls yarn. http://www.missionfalls.com/ It is washable and great to work with. This is the sleeve. I started out with it to make sure that I could do the cables. There is a lot going on in this pattern. I'm surprised at how well I kept track of everything. Crazy.
Detail of the sleeve.

This is what the kids are up to right now. Dyllan just registered for his Sophmore year in high school. He is on the golf team and is involved in Jazz Band. He plays the electric guitar. He is really good. Josh is in Yellowstone Park for the week. His teacher is great. She takes the class there for the whole week. They travel around the park and go on hikes and look at the wildlife. I really miss him. He is playing baseball and will have his first game on Mon. Brandon is loving kindergarton, and being at the same building as grandma Marcia. He is playing t-ball and goes to gymnastics once a week. Tim is gearing up for a summer full of painting. We are definitely waiting for the snow to go, and can't wait to go to the lake and see it full of water.
This morning we found out that Tim's grandmother died. She was I believe 92 years old. Here husband is still alive and is 97. We will be going to SLC this weekend. It is so sad to see a loved one go, but she was in a lot of pain and we know she is in a better place. We will miss her very much.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

fun baby shower pics Jenny! and I love your knitting projects...very talented, way to go! Miss you!

...Scrapalicious Grand Opening this Saturday, by the way, details on my blog!

Anonymous said...

yes sorry I knew that...I just forgot!

Morgan said...

How fun, I think that it would be nice to live a little closer. You are very good at the whole old lady thing, just kidding, I give my friends that knit and quilt a hard time, because I definitly lack in that part of the talent department.

Alison said...

I'm so glad you have a blog! You are so darn cute. Great job on your knitting! You are awesome! It was fun to talk to you this morning. You are wonderful!

Logan and Tanya said...

Hey Jenny! I found you through the comment on Alison's blog...I hope it's ok that I tracked you down! :) You really are amazing with your knitting! Your projects are beautiful.
Tanya

Mikki said...

Now I feel really guilty about not being there. But, I refuse to feel guilty about the whole knitting thing. You are just so much more crafty than I am. You guys looked like you were having so much fun. Your blog looks great with the update.

Alicia said...

Cute blog Jenny! it's fun finding more and more people on here. Looks like a fun baby shower, and amazing knitting projects. I'm very impressed!

Jessica said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog - I love finding new people.
Your knitting is awesome! I don't even own a piece of thread, so I am jelous at the talent that you have.

Lexie said...

Jen, didn't know you were a "blogger" too....what is possessing us?!? I added you to my links.......hope that was okay! Lex